Thursday 6 October 2011

Amongst the Chaos...

Amongst the chaos I try hard to be still.  Amongst the chaos I try hard to stay connected to who I am and not allow myself to be pulled in the hundred directions that life sometimes wants to pull me in.  When it seems there are a hundred tasks to be done, and a hundred places to be, and a hundred thoughts racing through my mind, sometimes the only thing left to do is let go and surrender.  When I start trying to solve all the worlds problems, and all the other things that need to be done in my mind, when I am scrambling to find the solution so I can then gain some control in my life, or FEEL like I have control of my life, or the many situations currently going on, I am everywhere BUT right where I should be at this moment.  When all my waking thoughts are spent trying to solve everything, and figure everything out, I realize I am missing the simplicity of life.  The only way I can get back in touch with the simplicity of life, when everything around me and within me is flying at mach speeds, is to surrender, and LET IT ALL GO.

HOW???? you ask.

You have to stop trying to control the outcome, you have to stop worrying about the outcome, you just have to believe that everything will work out as it is supposed to, no matter what.  To stop actually thinking about things that are on your mind is not easy.  I dare you to try it though, just for one second, pause exactly where you are, be still and release what's on your mind.  Surrender to it, give up on it. Look out your window, look at nature, see the stillness, sense the calmness, this can be you.  This can be how you feel, always, if you just take a deep breath and realize everything will unfold when it should, and as it should, in the time it should.  No matter how much thought you put into it, it will not solve the problem, or speed up the situation.  All that thinking takes so much energy from you.  It steals energy, it steals you from the present moment of your life, and it misleads you to believe you have control of the situation.  When you don't.  Nor do I, or anyone else for that matter, and as soon as you think you do, your illusion is shattered, and at the end of the day, when you realize, you sit back and say, "I surrender, I let go of everything, I will be the humble participant of this crazy quest called life, I will take it all in stride and I will do my best to make this quest a more pleasurable and happy experience for anyone who happens to cross my path."

1 comment:

  1. Ah-mazing. Well said my friend.

    "Having spent the better part of my life trying either to relive the past or experience the future before it arrives, I have come to believe that in between these two extremes is peace." ~Author Unknown

    ReplyDelete